Internship Equity Capital Markets
you can be actively involved in the Equity Capital Markets (ECM) team of Rabobank. As an intern, you will have the opportunity to work on both deal origination and execution.
Making a difference
You can make a difference by:
- Assist in the preparation of client presentations;
- Perform analysis on companies (including their investment case, strategy, markets, products and competitors) and the wider market (market trends and dynamics, investor perspectives);
- Support financial analyses and company valuations;
- Support in preparing management presentations, analyst presentations and prospectus.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. The Equity Capital Markets (ECM) team is part of the investment banking activities of Rabobank. ECM offers a challenging, young, dynamic and international working environment.
Rabobank’s ECM team is specialised in originating and executing equity capital markets transactions. The ECM-related products and services include initial public offerings (IPOs), secondary offerings (e.g. rights issues, accelerated book-build offerings), convertible bond offerings and financial advisory. Rabobank ECM has a continuous strategic dialogue with the majority of listed companies in the Netherlands and Food & Agri globally as well as with potential listing candidates and financial sponsors. A selection of recent high profile transactions include the initial public offerings of Alfen, B&S Group, VolkerWessels, Avantium, Philips Lighting and Dong Energy, the rights issues of Credit Suisse and Delta Lloyd and the international equity raisings of Total Produce and Greencore.
The ECM team consists of 11 diverse colleagues in a variety of roles, including:
Koen (Associate): “A lack of hierarchy makes Rabobank ECM unique in its kind. It results in a great working environment where seniors are highly approachable, allowing you to learn more from them much faster.”
We are looking for best in class 3rd and 4th year university students. At the start of you internship you are required to remain enrolled at a university during your full internship and to be available to work full-time for at least 3 months.
Required skills and experience:
- Completing your 3rd year of a bachelor degree or currently enrolled in a master degree;
- EU student or non-EU and enrolled in a Dutch University
- Outstanding record of academic achievement combined with extra-curricular interests;
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills;
- Fluency in English, both verbal and in writing is a prerequisite;
- Fluency in at least one other European language (including Dutch) is preferred;
- Solid work ethic and high level of self-motivation;
- Strong team player.
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
“A third of all the food we purchase is thrown away. Together with Nature & Environment, we’re working to increase awareness among consumers of how to reduce food waste.”
“By sponsoring Kunstbende and Lowlands, we show how important we believe culture is to society.”
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional.
Please submit your CV, cover letter and transcripts of university grades by clicking on the Apply Now button below. Make sure to include the exact time span in which you are available in your cover letter. Please be advised that the number of positions is limited and apply well in advance (3-5 months) due to limited availability of internships.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as an Intern within ECM and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Simone Lasseur, Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via email@example.com or on +31 6 82483969.
- If you pass our first selection round, we will invite you for an online assessment. After passing the online assessment, we will invite you for interviews at our headquarters in Utrecht.
- You have to remain enrolled at a university during your whole internship period within Rabobank.
- This internship position is open for non-EU citizens registered at a Dutch university during the whole internship period.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- We offer a competitive internship allowance.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!