Global Cash Clearing & Custody Network Manager
Imagine you have just signed a contract with an external Service Provider that will allow the clients of Rabobank to make their payments faster, cheaper and more efficiently. You helped to make it happen!
As a Global Network Manager responsible for payments and cash clearing, you can make a difference by managing and strengthening a portfolio of Rabobank’s strategic partner bank and payments market infrastructure relationships.
With you as our Global Cash Clearing & Custody Network Manager for Payments and Cash Clearing we can make this possible together through your expertise and ability to:
- Manage relationships with agent banks to provide transparency, governance, and control over external accounts & assets held by Rabobank entities globally.
- Take ownership of communicating to stakeholders regarding network strategy, market & regulatory changes impacting Rabobank’s business and its clients.
- Regularly assess partner relationship strengths and weaknesses.
- Manage risks by identifying market and operational risks and address them accordingly.
- Act as a point of escalation and resolution for agent performance issues on an ongoing basis; escalating issues as required with Agents or Service Providers at all levels of the Management chain.
- Drive change based upon investigation & analysis of new and emerging markets, opportunities & restrictions based upon business needs.
- Onboard and/or offboard payments Service Providers such as: Agent Banks and Cash Clearers
- Participate and represent in and represent Rabobank’s interests within various relevant industry bodies and forums.
- Steer our Banking network performance management based upon KPIs and dynamic data (such as: transaction volumes, pricing, service levels etc.)
Making a Difference
Current global themes such as collaboration and developing strategic partnerships are becoming more critical than ever for financial institutions such as Rabobank, in order to stay relevant and adaptive and be able to serve the rapidly changing needs of our clients.
New business, liquidity and partnership models are emerging which will also require different and advanced skill-sets for this role in terms of:
- Strategic thinking,
- Innovation/technology driven mind set
- Mature risk management skills.
The role also demands active alignment and dialogue with a broad set of external & internal stakeholders (including overseas branches) ranging from client facing/product teams, operations, risk, compliance, legal and technology teams. Furthermore, the role of Global Cash Clearing & Custody Network Manager is evolving along with the overall transformation currently taking place within the financial services industry.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our Wholesale Rural Retail Operations team brings talented people together to realise a customer experience score of 9+. We achieve this by doing normal things “extraordinarily” well. With you as a Global Cash Clearing & Custody Network Manager, the team will consist of six diverse colleagues in a variety of roles, including the following:
- Network Manager for Custody and Securities Clearing: Recent development: In 2017, we went live with our self-created Service Provider Content Platform known as “AgentView” which partly utilises Robotic software and enables all our internal stakeholders to have full insight into their fees paid; rebates received; legal and other agreements and details of cash, securities and market infrastructure accounts held with our Service Providers, globally.
- Network Manager for Securities Market Infrastructures: Recent development: In 2017, we implemented the required regulatory driven changes as a result of the introduction of Target 2 Securities platform owned by the ECB (European Central Bank).
It is logical that customer focus, excellent communication & Influencing skills, flexibility and adaptability, entrepreneurial spirit, self-motivation, strategic thinking or/ mind-set and affinity with digital banking and innovation are essential for the role of Global Network Manager, Payments and Cash Clearing. In addition, it is important for you to possess the following attributes listed below:
- Knowledge: 5 years experience within wholesale international financial markets.
- Master’s degree or equivalent comparable working experience.
- Business case development and project management
- Knowledge of risk & compliance activities within wholesale international financial markets
- Experience with business intelligence tools (e.g. Microsoft Power BI) would be a plus
- Local and international industry connections - a plus
- Dutch & English language skills
- Experience/knowledge of wholesale transaction banking products and operational value chain.
Growing a better world together
You will already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we also aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- “Together with the World Wildlife Fund, we are helping to create a harmonious balance between nature and the agricultural sector in Brazil.”
- “We never stop thinking about the future. We are investing 3.8 billion Euros in sustainable electricity generation, so that future generations can live in a cleaner world.”
- “With the Rabobank Foundation, we support social enterprises. This gives people experiencing barriers entering the labour market the opportunities they deserve and helps them to participate fully in our society.”
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We will give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we will offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect the following:
- The job grade for this position is 8 – 9. The final classification depends on education, knowledge and experience.
- A thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- An Employee Benefit Budget. You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout;
- A personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- A pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Let us meet
Are you the person we are looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Global Cash Clearing & Custody Network Manager and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in which is in our Head Office located in Utrecht.
- Applications are open until 9th of may. Apply via the “Apply now” button. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Barry Roctus,
- Head Group Banking Services on 06-20035813 or email@example.com.
- Maurice van der Voort, Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via 06-83807893 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- Your privacy is important to us. If you would like to know more, click on this link.
- Everyone is different and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That is why we want to know who you really are!