Credit Risk Modeller – Rural portfolio
...that we’ll give you the opportunity and freedom to build, support and help implement the most effective credit risks models for the rural clients of Rabobank. Are you ready to put your skills to the test? As a Credit Risk Modeller, you will build risk models that have a direct impact on our rural banking business. We’ve got a challenge you can sink your teeth into.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We bring teams of talented people together to develop the next generation of risk models that not only thrill our regulators but also drive our business forward. Group Credit Risk Models operates in an open atmosphere of collaboration and service. We know that no one can solve the complex challenges of risk modelling on their own. It takes a well-rounded team of experienced professionals who are willing to look beyond their accomplishments and work together to achieve a common objective.
GCM-portfolio rural is a team responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the credit risk models for international clients primarily active in agriculture. Our models provide insights into the risks and potential losses that Rabobank is exposed to and support the business in providing better services to our customers.
In 2022, we start updating and re-developing the newly developed credit risk models for the rural portfolio, so exciting challenges are coming our way. We are a young and international team that enjoys collaborating with and learning from each other!
Adrian, Rural EAD Lead: “As a credit risk modeller, we use business-specific knowledge along with programming, statistical and strong team working skills to produce regulatory compliant risk models. As the models we create have such a large impact on the bank and its clients, every day is different as we work directly with many global stakeholders.”
Are you customer-focused, confident, and able to take on challenges with confidence and flexibility? If so you might be the right fit for this role. We’re searching for a Credit Risk Modeller of medior or junior level. Got what it takes to join our team? Then you will likely have:
- A master's degree/PhD in a quantitative field (econometrics, mathematics, engineering, physics, or similar);
- A passion for using/developing models to solve complex problems;
- Basic understanding of Python is an advantage;
- Experience in IRB modelling is an advantage;
- It’s important to note that we are not just looking for top Credit Risk Modellers who are great at modelling. You’ll also need to be a true team player, with excellent communication skills in English, the ability to consider the interests of other (non-analyst) stakeholders. Timing is always a factor in what we do, so you will need to be able to perform well under pressure and manage your time effectively;
- In addition to putting your modelling skills to the test, we’ll also ask you to positively contribute to the team dynamic;
Growing a better world together
Rabobank is a financial services provider for 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we are also working to make the world a better place? We do so in countless ways, such as:
• Actively protecting our clients by ensuring that the loans and credits we provide are well within acceptable risk levels;
• Working toward a new generation of risk models that not only fulfil regulatory requirements but also allow us to expand our reach and
help more people, communities and societies to thrive. Safeguarding our investments in nature, culture, agriculture and development with risk models that sustain and advance the bank’s position.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, you can expect:
- A a competitive salary on scale 9, between €3.769,74 and €5.384,14 depending on your experience and seniority (based on 36 hour workweek).
- A thirteenth month and holiday pay
- An Employee Benefit Budget (10 % of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout
- A personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career
- Flexible working times and location-independent working
- 100 % reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance
- A pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 3.5%
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Credit Risk Modeller and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Apply via the button “Apply now”. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy. We accept applicants until we find a match.
- Doortje de Boer, Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via email@example.com.
- We want to use your talent in the broadest sense and would like to look at your response more broadly than this vacancy. Your profile will be included in the Sourcing Board Data & Analytics. If you object to this, you can indicate this by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank
- The application process for this vacancy may include an individual assessment
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!
Acquisition further to this vacancy is not appreciated