Credit Risk Modeller Basel IV
… playing a key role in the implementation of regulation that will define credit risk modelling for the coming years: Basel IV. As a credit risk modeller you will work closely with various stakeholders to develop credit risk models from concept and prototype to go-live in production. The work you do will have a direct impact on the bank’s business and the lives of millions of customers. Are you looking for a challenge? We’ve got one for you!
Making a difference
- Depending on your experience and skills, you will develop and test credit risk models or tools that support the bank’s ambitions and safeguard our customers.
- Ensure model compliance with Basel IV regulation.
- Strong technical skills required for the role. Think here of mathematical, data-driven credit risk models.
- Work closely with colleagues and stakeholders of all nationalities to solve highly complex challenges and establish workable models that the bank can put into practice.
- Cooperate with a variety of stakeholders including IT, Risk Management, Finance and external regulators (like DNB and ECB) and more.
- In addition to putting your modelling skills to the test, we’ll also ask you to contribute to the team dynamic in a positive way.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We bring teams of talented people together to develop the next generation of risk models that not only thrill our regulators, but also drive our business forward. We know that no one can solve the complex challenges of risk modelling on her/his own. It takes a well-rounded team of experienced professionals who are willing to look beyond their own accomplishments and work together to achieve a common objective. With the implementation of the Basel IV regulation, you will play a key role in processes that affect nearly every aspect of the bank’s business and its capital position, e.g. commercial propositions, product offerings, and properly explaining the effects of the Basel IV reforms to our clients. With you as a Risk Modeller, you will strike a balance between strong leadership and open collaboration.
Who are you?
If we were to ask your friends to describe you in a few key words, the answer would be: customer-focused, confident, takes ownership and able to take on challenges with confidence and flexibility. We imagine that you enjoy learning and are excited about bringing ideas to the table.
Your profile and background
- A master's degree in a relevant quantitative field (econometrics, mathematics, physics, AI or similar).
- 2-4 years of relevant experience, preferably related to credit risk management and regulation including methodologies as A-IRB.
- A passion for using/developing models to solve complex problems.
- Strong programming skills: familiarity with Python would be of great value. Experience with programming is a plus: Matlab, SQL or GIT.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in – and affinity for – working with data.
- It’s important to note that we aren’t just looking for top Risk Modellers who are great at modelling. You’ll also need to be a true team player, with excellent communication skills in English, the ability to comfortably interact with various stakeholders (quantitative model developers, internal risk experts, IT specialists etc.), and the ability to take other (non-analyst’s) interests into consideration. Timing is always a factor in what we do, so you will need to be able to perform well under pressure, and manage your time effectively. Flexibility and adaptability are definitely expected.
Growing a better world together
Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we are also working to make the world a better place? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- Actively protecting our clients by ensuring that the funds we lend and the mortgages we provide are well within acceptable risk levels.
- Working toward a new generation of risk models that not only fulfil regulatory requirements, but also allow us to expand our reach and help more people, communities and societies to thrive. Safeguarding our investments in nature, culture, agriculture and development with risk models that sustain and advance the bank’s position.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36 - 40 hour working week), you can expect:
- A gross annual salary between €53k and €127k, depending on your experience and Seniority. This salary is based on a 40 hours contract.
- A thirteenth month and holiday pay.
- An Employee Benefit Budget of your gross monthly salary. You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, or making extra pension contributions.
- Flexible working times and location-independent working.
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport. Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a home/work travel allowance.
- A pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Risk Modeller and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know
- Jerrol Spier, Corporate Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Jerrol.Spier@rabobank.nl or on +31 611955596
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- The application process for this vacancy may include an individual assessment.
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!