Compliance Operating Officer
to protect the integrity and trust of Rabobank, its customers and employees, and contribute to the integrity of the financial markets as a whole. As part of the Global Compliance Strategy Office you are responsible for driving and facilitating the Compliance’s internal management and to drive, monitor and challenge the progress on the strategic Compliance agenda.
Making a difference
- Together with your colleagues you ensure the globally consistent business organisation of the Compliance function, set standards for and maintain all business organisation tools.
- You challenge the Compliance Management Team and other Compliance colleagues with regard to the mitigation of our operational risks.
- You support our colleagues in the Compliance function in their day to day work through effective communication on Compliance risks and developments.
- You develop together with your colleagues the training and development plan for the Compliance function.
- You support in the effective roll out of Strategic Resource planning across the Compliance Function.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. This position is part of the Global Compliance Strategy Office. You report to the Head of the Global Compliance Strategy Office. Our team brings talented people together to drive and facilitate Compliance’s internal management and to drive, monitor and challenge the execution of the strategic Compliance agenda. The team consists of around twenty-five diverse colleagues in a variety of roles.
Erikjan de Wit, Manager Global Compliance Strategy Office: “Our department bundles a variety of responsibilities: drafting and monitoring the Compliance Annual Plan, maintaining the strategic resources planning and training of Compliance staff, internal and external communication by Compliance, coordinating Compliance reporting to the Managing and Supervisory Boards, working on compliance governance topics, driving change and innovation, managing Rabobank’s supervisory relations on Compliance topics and supporting the Compliance MT.”
Margreet Wenting, Head of the Global Compliance Strategy Office: “In this role you can have a very meaningful contribution to Rabobank being a rock-solid bank. You will gain knowledge of and experience on the operational effectiveness of the large Compliance team and will collaborate with other colleagues on various themes. This is both a challenge and support role and a role to work on a rock-solid framework for group-wide compliance coverage.”
Customer focus, collaboration, communication, influencing, organising and monitoring are essential for the role of Compliance Operating Office. In addition, it's important that you recognise everything in the checklist below:
- you have experience (5-10 years) within a large financial institution or similar organisation;
- experience with tooling such as SAP, MI4U, Workday and Archer is an advantage;
- knowledge of the conduct and integrity risks pertaining to Rabobank;
- you are fluent in Dutch and English – both speaking and writing;
- Experienced in working within an international context.
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- Together with the World Wildlife Fund, we're helping to create a harmonious balance between nature and the agricultural sector in Brazil.
- In 2016, an innovative fund was set up in Ireland to help dairy farmers become less dependent on income from milk sales.
- Thanks to an agreement with the UN World Food Programme, more agricultural products are purchased from small farmers in Rwanda, Tanzania and Zambia. We aim to expand this platform to include one and a half million farmers in 25 countries by 2030.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a monthly salary between EUR 3,179,64 and EUR 5.252,05 (classification depends on education, knowledge and experience);
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (9 -10% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash pay-out;
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- flexible working times and location-independent working;
- 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Compliance Operating Officer and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Apply now” button. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Erikjan de Wit, Manager Global Compliance Strategy Office, +31 6 1324 6546.
- Ellen Cult, Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Ellen.Cult@rabobank.nl.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!