Compliance Advisor Netherlands & Africa
you will be required to provide timely and effective compliance advice in relation to Rabobank's Wholesale daily activities. Imagine you can make a difference as a Compliance Advisor with your knowledge of the relevant regulations and the Wholesale business.
Making a difference
- You will be required to provide timely and effective compliance advice in relation to Rabobank's Wholesale daily activities.
- Your scope of Business lines relates to Trade Commodity Finance, Financial Institutions, Correspondent Banking, Acquisition Finance, Export Finance and Project Finance.
- The Wholesale activities can be complex and demanding and you will have a broad range of responsibilities working with the business to mitigate regulatory risk, help maintain and develop a strong compliance culture and manage/implement regulatory reform.
- The role requires a proactive and hands-on approach with a strong focus on adherence to internal policies and external regulations.
- In addition to supporting the daily business activities, you will also participate and assist with wider activities of the Group Compliance program. This includes, amongst others, facilitating and reviewing risk assessments, providing advice and opinions on a variety of topics, developing and providing training, incident handling and reporting.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our WRR Compliance Region NL & Africa-team brings talented people together dedicated to the oversight, promotion, monitoring and safeguarding of Rabobank’s adherence to the compliance requirements dictated by external and internal rules and regulations. The team’s specific focus is on the Global Business Lines within Rabobank’s Wholesale Rural & Retail business unit (WRR). With you as a Compliance Advisor NL & Africa, the team will consist of 12 colleagues in a variety of roles.
Customer focus, Personal development, Empowerment, Result driven are clearly essential competences / characteristics for the role of Compliance Advisor NL & Africa. In addition, it's important that you recognise yourself in the points below.
- academic background preferably in Finance, Economics, Law or Business Administration;
- at least 3-5 years of experience in a Financial Institution (preferably within a wholesale banking environment) or Financial Authority or as consultant;
- you are able to provide the business pro-actively with clear advice and are able to act as sparring partner;
- knowledge of or familiarity with relevant (international) financial rules and regulations and affinity with compliance / risk management and integrity issues;.
- combines analytic and professional judgement skills with tact and organization sensitivity;
- preferably working experience in and/or affinity with corporate banking;
- you are able to multitask on several assignments at the same time.
Would you like to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary between €4.383,- and €6.260,-;
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (10 % of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout;
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- flexible working times and location-independent working is negotiable;
- 100 % reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Compliance Advisor NL & Africa and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Apply via the button “Apply now” . Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- Ellen Cult recruiter would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via Ellen.Cult@rabobank.nl.
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!