Client Onboarding Specialist
Rabo Diversified Services LLC ("RDS") is part of Rabobank, a global financial services leader providing wholesale, rural and retail banking services in more than 40 countries worldwide. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. Rabobank today is one of the world’s largest banks with over $650 billion in assets. In North America, Rabobank is a premier financial institution providing services across the food and agriculture value chain. RDS’s support functions champion over 1,300 employees throughout Rabo AgriFinance and Rabobank North America Wholesale, companion Rabobank subsidiaries.
The Client On-boarding Specialist will be required to oversee the on-boarding of clients and other parties through a complex internal infrastructure that involves many different groups, people, forms, and applications. The COB Specialist ensures a smooth onboarding of Clients during which a positive Client experience is provided. Tasks include performing various regulatory risk assessments and required regulatory classifications as part of the onboarding process. The Specialist is responsible for ensuring every client file meets Rabobank’s internal KYC policy and procedures requirements.The COB Specialist will also need to provide feedback and contribute ideas on streamlining the KYC process. In addition to onboarding clients, the COB Specialist will be responsible for assisting the team with projects, and policy/procedure reviews.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
A Client Onboarding Specialist focuses on the following aspects within the Client Onboarding process of Wholesale and Rural Clients:
- Coordinates and facilitates Client Onboarding on behalf of the Client owner. The Client Onboarding Specialist coordinates Client Onboarding requests and provides support to the Client and several internal clients (i.e. the Client Owner, the KYC analyst performing regulatory (risk) classifications and personnel involved with Credit and Legal processes part of Client Onboarding).
- Receive and process KYC requests for Amendments, event driven reviews, new and Periodic Reviews for Low, Medium, and High risk rated clients.
- Conduct on boarding process independently
- Determine if KYC requires escalation to and/or sign off by Compliance
- Relationship Management of a wide array of stakeholders including heads of the business units, Compliance, Audit, and Tax on a global, regional and local level
- Can effectively challenge key stakeholders to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Presence and maturity to interact effectively with Relationship Managers and potentially clients
- Risk Management Skill Set
- Ability to analyze complex structures and synthesize all diligence in a clear, concise and thorough manner
- Strong written skills that will allow for clear analysis, work product will be relied on across many functions within the bank and will be reviewed by regulators
- Complete all mandatory training
- Comply with code of conduct and Bank policies/ procedures
- Actively identify incidents outside of established policies and procedures and report to management immediately
- Must be familiar with and comply with laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures that are applicable to required job duties
- Understands and complies with all RAF and Rabobank anti-money laundering, compliance, and all other applicable laws.
Culture and Values
- Actively and consistently demonstrate the Eight RAF Cultural Practices.
Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years of experience
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extensive knowledge of BSA/AML/KYC Client Entity Types
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Familiarity with banking products
- Experience in analyzing complex ownership structures
- Risk management skill set and aptitude
- CAMS Certification
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-5 years of experience
- 3+ years of KYC/Compliance experience in the finance industry
- Computer skills - knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Excel, Word, Access Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to impact, influence and take initiative
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication skills (both interactive and written)
- Team Player
- Drive and Motivation
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solver
- A keen eye for innovation and efficiency
- Professional and mature attitude
- With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, Rabo AgriFinance employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement
Rabo provides equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, military service or veteran status, victims of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Rabo also prohibits harassment of any individuals on any of the bases listed above.
Consistent with this policy, Rabo embraces diversity and welcomes employees and applicants of all backgrounds. Our goal is to create an environment that is inclusive, drawing upon the strengths of the diversity of our workforce to exceed the expectations of our clients and customers.