Big Data Engineer (Azure/Spark/Scala)
That you as software developer are responsible for delivering data to BI, customer analysts and data scientists. Big data is key in our marketing communication and for management information. You develop complete and scalable on-premise and cloud solutions in Spark Scala. As an engineer, you deliver data in a secure, compliant and automated way via Azure DevOps. The Heroïx team is responsible for data storage, data processing, data flows and data provisioning used for marketing purposes.
You will be responsible for:
Development of scalable and performant solutions based on open-source technologies in the Cloud (Azure) and, although being phased out, on-premise (Cloudera).
Development and maintenance of data pipelines mainly using Spark on Databricks or on-premise environment.
Setting up and maintain CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps.
Streaming flow development with HDF (Hortonworks) NiFi and Spark Structured streaming.
Working in a multi-disciplinary scrum team and contributing to the T-shaping in the team.
Providing input and contributing to experiments. Keeping informed on the developments in the market.
The competences/expertise we would like you to have:
Willingness to learn and being open to new techniques
Willingness and capability to teach and share knowledge
Knowledge on financial products and business processes
Able to contribute and communicate on new solutions
The knowledge we would like you to have:
At least 2 years of Spark experience
Experience with Scala is a pre. Another programming language is also OK if you’re willing to learn Scala
Experience with Cloud. Experience with Azure is a pre
SQL + NoSQL
Scripting languages (Python/Bash)
Knowledge on (Big) Data environments and tooling (Azure, Cloudera, Hadoop)
Relevant IT related Bachelor or Master education
Experience in software development in an agile environment
CI/CD pipelines (preferably Azure DevOps)
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- Together with the world Wildlife Fund, we’re helping to create a harmonious balance between nature and the agricultural sector in Brazil;
- We make sizeable annual investments in the voluntary sector in the Netherlands. This allows us to support about 1,250 sport and cultural organisations that are a second home to many people.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself within an engineering culture? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 40 hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary is scaled in function group 8; Between € 3.300,00 and € 4.655,00 (36 hours)
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (10% of your monthly salary); you decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving extra cash on a monthly basis;
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career.
- 100 % reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Good to know:
- Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- Senior Recruiter Frank Simons: Frank.firstname.lastname@example.org
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!