AVP - Transaction Manager
Rabobank Wholesale Banking North America is part of Rabobank, a global financial services leader providing wholesale, rural and retail banking services in more than 40 countries worldwide. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. Rabobank today is one of the world’s largest banks with over $650 billion in assets. In North America, Rabobank is a premier financial institution providing services across the food and agriculture value chain. RDS’s support functions champion over 1,300 employees throughout Rabo AgriFinance and Rabobank North America Wholesale, companion Rabobank subsidiaries.
The Transaction Manager ensures that transactions are carried out in accordance with credit approvals. Monitors transactions and assesses the quality and value of the collateral to ensure that it is maintained on an ongoing basis within the credit parameters as approved.
Trade & Commodity Finance (TCF NY) comprises of the following Sectors:
- Agriculture (Agri)
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Monitor liabilities and collateral under borrowing base, ownership bases, pre-export finance and transactional (un-) secured and other facilities.
- Maintain contact with transaction counterparties (clients, shippers, forwarders, warehouse operators, off-takers, other internal departments, etc.) and give relevant authorizations regarding the release/movement of any goods held by the bank as collateral.
- Maintain position reports per customer detailing exposure, collateral and outstanding transactions to ensure proper allocation in accordance with the approved facility terms.
- Asses the quality, value and acceptability of collateral provided in line with the approved facility parameters and control the movement and disposal of collateral as required under the approved facility loans.
- Report positions (per obligor, group, and market) to Global TCF.
- Collect and collate drawdown information required to process client’s individual transactions.
- Ensure utilization requests from clients fall within the agreed credit parameters and provide authorizations for each transaction to the back office.
- Assist with establishing detailed operating rules, procedures and parameters, including administrative organization and internal control (AOIC).
- Obtain prior credit approval for any transactions which fall outside the agreed facility parameters.
- Alert RM and risk management of any deterioration in the bank’s credit risk position and any adverse market conditions
- SCA/SCO & Credit Analysts
- Relationship Managers
- Operations (Loans & Trade Services)
- Agent Bank/Participant banks
- Client On Boarding (COBs)
- Funding Desk
- Internal/External Customers
- At least 5 years’ experience in banking industry /operations
- Strong analytic and computer skills (Excel), attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of and command over the various systems that aid in monitoring and maintaining collateral positions, specifically TCM
- Knowledge of credit products, TCF products, loan structures.
- Bachelor's degree (Finance major is preferred)
Job Skills and Knowledge (Essential):
- Strong analytic and spreadsheet skill;
- Knowledge of Trade and Commodity Finance products,
- Good understanding of loans and trades
- Effectively interprets legal documents.
- Good Knowledge of back office and accounting process
- High organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Share information and knowledge appropriately with co-workers;
- Effective in communicating with others, within the bank and with clients
- Ability to seek additional information/ explanation for clarification when needs.
- Work effectively with colleagues in achieving the Bank's goals;
- Demonstrate teamwork in facilitating workflow.
- Assess daily situations and make sound business decisions.
- Utilizes internal and external sources to effectively identify and resolve issues.
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement
Equal Employment Opportunity
Rabobank, Rabo AgriFinance, and Rabo Diversified Services (“Rabo”) all provide equal employment opportunities for all prospective and current employees.
Rabo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military service or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Consistent with this policy, Rabo recruits, hires, trains, and promotes persons in all job titles and ensure that all personnel actions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities, without regard to the protected factors listed above. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including application, hiring, compensation, promotion, discipline, termination of employment, and access to benefits and training.