AVP - Financial Analyst II
Rabo AgriFinance LLC ("RAF") is a leading financial services provider for agricultural producers across North America. Solely focused on agriculture, RAF is part Rabobank, a global financial services leader offering wholesale, rural and retail banking services in more than 40 countries worldwide and one of the world’s largest banks, with over $650 billion in assets. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. With over 40 offices across the U.S., RAF provides clients with knowledgeable local teams and exclusive access to global market research in a variety of sectors, including grains and oilseeds, protein and specialty crops.
Responsible for complete underwriting of new requests and servicing actions, such as renewals, Annual Reviews, partial releases, and covenant monitoring for relationship exposure up to and exceeding (with FAM approval only) $30M.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Analyze and assess the (potential) client’s credit and operational risk using multiple sources of information (e.g., customer’s credit and operating risks, current and historical financial statements, cash flows, tax returns, and financial trend analyses)
- Accompany RM (when requested) on customer farm visits/evaluations
- Contribute to a full understanding of the client’s business
- Recommend the structure of credit products based on RAF’s policies through thorough analysis
- Assist the Relationship Manager in all aspects of managing their portfolio
- Work effectively within the Customer Team (e.g., Credit Officer, Relationship Manager, and Customer Relationship Specialist) to meet customer expectations
- Execute various (financial/administrative) servicing activities (e.g., partial release, modifications, assumptions)
- Monitor loan compliance (e.g., covenant compliance, delinquencies)
- Assist in the analysis and preparation of annual reviews and loan strategy reports
- Discuss and propose solutions on how to serve clients optimally
- Support RM(s) in growing their portfolios
- Stay abreast of relevant developments in the market
Stakeholder and Business Relationship Management
- Manage and liaise with all stakeholders of the RAF Team (e.g. RMT, Loan Support, Credit Dept., and Client) with respect to loan compliance, loan servicing and the support process
- Organize and ensure the monitoring of the business, corporate, and external policies and regulations
- Assist with other duties and tasks assigned by manager
- Complete all mandatory training within a timely basis, as instructed.
- Comply with code of conduct & Bank policies/procedures.
- Actively identify incidents outside of established policies & procedures and report to management immediately.
- Familiar with & comply with laws, regulations, and internal policies & procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
- Understand & comply with all RAF & Rabobank anti-money laundering (AML), compliance, and all other applicable laws, including, but not limited to, the completion of all required AML & Sanctions training.
CULTURE & VALUES
- Actively & consistently demonstrate RAF’s Eight Cultural Practices.
Job Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of short- and long-term agricultural credit
- Skilled in financial spreading
- Skilled in written, and oral communications
- Skilled in written and oral comprehension
- Skilled in forecasting and stress testing
- Skilled in risk analysis and interpretation
- Skilled in face-to-face or telephonic customer presentations
- Skilled in MS Office Suite and Internet Explorer
- Skilled in social interaction
- Skilled in time management
- Ability to make good judgement
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years of experience
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, Rabo AgriFinance employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement
Rabo provides equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, military service or veteran status, victims of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Rabo also prohibits harassment of any individuals on any of the bases listed above.
Consistent with this policy, Rabo embraces diversity and welcomes employees and applicants of all backgrounds. Our goal is to create an environment that is inclusive, drawing upon the strengths of the diversity of our workforce to exceed the expectations of our clients and customers.