Associate - Junior Project Finance Specialist
Rabobank Wholesale Banking North America is part of Rabobank, a global financial services leader providing wholesale, rural and retail banking services in more than 40 countries worldwide. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. Rabobank today is one of the world’s largest banks with over $650 billion in assets. In North America, Rabobank is a premier financial institution providing services across the food and agriculture value chain. RDS’s support functions champion over 1,300 employees throughout Rabo AgriFinance and Rabobank North America Wholesale, companion Rabobank subsidiaries.
The Project Finance Specialist is a key member of the growing PF Americas team, responsible for helping to build a specialized sector financing business by generating, structuring, analysing, executing, and monitoring prudent and profitable renewable energy and corporate client-related project financing transactions, and developing a high quality client base.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Assist in developing, maintaining and growing a strong client base on which to build an expanding financing business, and maintaining a visible and positive presence in the market representing Rabobank
- Assist in identifying business opportunities, and converting them to profitable transactions through expert structuring, credit analysis and efficient documentation and closing
- Assist in managing transactions through the internal credit process by consultation, analysis, structuring, and communication with credit, regional, and business line managers
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring a portfolio of loans including, as needed, expansions, refinancings, restructurings, exits, etc., based on risk analysis.
- Assist in cross-selling existing Rabobank products including derivatives, and looking for new Rabobank products to adapt and cross-sell
- Assist in developing new products and techniques in changing markets in collaboration with credit, clients, other lenders, etc.
- Global Project Finance, Wholesale Corporate Banking (primarily food and agribusiness), capital markets (including derivatives and syndications), credit risk management, Sustainability, Americas region, operations (middle and back office)
- Clients, sponsors (investors in clients), other lenders in bank clubs/syndicates, legal and technical advisors, industry interest groups (e.g., AWEA - American Wind Energy Association)
Key Performance Indicators:
- Contribution to risk assessment/management skills, as measured by quality of analysis of proposed transactions, and proposed risk-mitigating credit structures and solutions
- Rate and efficiency of converting transaction opportunities into closed and profitable new business
- Contribution to select, gain, negotiate, structure, and price transactions to achieve superior returns on assets, capital, time, and expense
- Contribution to strength of client relationships, as partly measured by rate of repeat business and gaining lead roles
- Quality of internal relationships as measured by effectiveness of collaboration, communications, and operating solutions put in place, and quality and quantity of PF Americas contribution to the success of Rabobank as a whole.
- Financial structuring and banking skills
- Energy sector and project finance knowledge
- Financial, analytical and risk assessment skills
- Interpersonal skills, including teamwork
- Client, marketing, and negotiating skills
- High energy, work ethic, and desire for excellence
Job Skills and Knowledge: (Essential):
- Basic accounting
- Building and manipulating financial models
- Communications skills (oral and written)
- Operation of money markets and capital markets
- Legal documentation
- Renewable energy sector knowledge
- Knowledge of derivatives
- BA in business from top school
- 1-2 years of energy/infrastructure project finance experience at a financial institution or related experience
- MBA from top school
- CFA qualifications
- Series 79/63
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement
Rabo provides equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, military service or veteran status, victims of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Rabo also prohibits harassment of any individuals on any of the bases listed above.
Consistent with this policy, Rabo embraces diversity and welcomes employees and applicants of all backgrounds. Our goal is to create an environment that is inclusive, drawing upon the strengths of the diversity of our workforce to exceed the expectations of our clients and customers.