Associate Agricultural Analyst
The person is responsible for supporting in the production of high quality research and analysis of the Australian Grains & Oilseeds (G&O) and livestock, including wool) markets and their supply chains. They are required to support the G&O and livestock senior analysts’ in preparing for, and presenting research at all relevant internal, rural and wholesale events, and participate in strategic analysis of market trends to form a view on behalf of Rabobank.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Undertake high quality research and analysis of the target sectors, and support research and analysis across food and agribusiness, for use by both internal and external stakeholders.
• Engage in sector teams for the target sector within Rabobank’s international Food and Agribusiness Research division, and actively contribute to the delivery of global research and analysis.
• Support G&O and Livestock senior analysts prepare quality research publications targeted at rural and corporate clients.
• Support G&O and Livestock senior analysts in the preparation and delivery of presentations at seminars, client functions, industry conferences, field days and corporate meetings.
• Undertake strategic analysis of companies operating within the target sectors, as required by internal stakeholders.
• Maintain, update, interrogate and improve commodity databases
• Provide sector research input into credit policies and proposals covering the target sectors.
• Other duties as directed.
Job Skills and Knowledge:
• Understanding of international and domestic commodity markets gained through experience in a relevant corporate or industry based role.
• Experience analysing at least one of the following markets: grains & oilseeds or livestock, including wool (desirable).
• A sound knowledge of macro-economics.
• Strong understanding of data availability and data sources in relevant areas
• Sound judgement and initiative.
• Communicative, approachable and supportive with team members.
• Ability to form relationships with and respond effectively to internal customers from rural, corporate and credit divisions.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a research team.
• Personal interest in the food and agribusiness sector.
• Highly customer focussed, with an emphasis on delivery of knowledge to add value for internal and external customers.
• Ability to represent the bank to external customers from corporate, business, rural and service backgrounds if required.
Technical and Specialist Skills
• Strong research and analytical skills.
• Quantitative analytical skills in either a financial or non-financial context.
• Qualitative analysis and logical inference skills – a capacity to identify key trends ahead of others.
• Excellent writing skills.
• High quality presentation and communication skills.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft office applications, particularly Excel.
Planning and Organisation
• Self-starter, able to plan and implement work priorities within an agreed strategic framework.
• Identify, plan and conduct analysis to deliver results against key strategic goals.
• Undergraduate degree in a discipline with application in food and agribusiness – agriculture, agricultural economics, food science, commerce, business.
• At least 3 years work experience in a related professional role.