Area Architect Digital Platform
You work on a banking product being used by seven million customers at Rabobank, one of the largest IT employers in the Netherlands. As an area architect, you will be helping to build microservices and web applications that make digital banking possible worldwide.
Create an impact
Within the Distribution department you will work together with more than 50 DevOps teams to develop and manage the online channels of Rabobank. Examples of our success are the Rabobank Banking App, the rabobank.nl and rabobank.com websites, corporate banking, onboarding for online secure clients and digital identification.
Rabobank’s digital platform is based on modern web technology. Rabobank’s mobile platform incorporates this web-based platform and extends it by providing native apps for iOS and Android with additional security measures, and by integrating tightly with the mobile platforms the apps run on.
Within the tribe Digital Platform, we are organized in areas. Each area has a number of squads that work on a common purpose, like the public sites, the app and site for consumers & freelancers, and secure authentication of users.
As an area architect, you will contribute to the digital transformation of the bank within such an area and will be the driving force behind developments, such as Open Banking. All development is done within the cloud using the latest cutting-edge technology.
In order to achieve this, we expect that you have at least five years of experience with customer-facing web applications in enterprise environments. You know how to build systems that are easy to operate and maintain and that can last a long time while undergoing changes continuously. You are a communicative team player, and have a drive to improve yourself and the people around you. You are a sparring partner for both business and IT and are able to express yourself clearly depending on your audience.
With each other
Working together as a team within Distribution is a highly important part within your working day. As an architect you will be working closely with multiple international DevOps teams. You guide the teams towards the best results in a future-proof architecture.
Within Distribution everyone keeps each other on their toes and helps each other where possible. We expect the same from you. This also applies to experimenting in the use of the latest techniques and technologies.
You need to have the courage to challenge and develop yourself even when you and your team make a mistake. The important part is that you (and your team) learn from that and grow.
With your talents
For this position it is logical that you need to understand our growing customer needs. You can achieve this by having an unstoppable hunger and drive to work with the latest techniques and cutting-edge technologies. In addition, it’s important that you will recognize yourself in the following checklist:
- You have at minimum a completed (technical) bachelor degree
- You have boad experience with working in large organizations on complex technological landscapes
- You are familiar with the rituals of Agile / Scrum
- You have an opinion and an open view on the future
- You embrace changes and self-leadership is in your DNA!
Are you the person we’re looking for?
Are you our new colleague who will strengthen Rabobank as an area architect for our digital platform and thus make the difference for yourself, our customers and society?
If you are, we are happy to receive your application including your motivation.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 40 hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary is scaled in function group 10.
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay.
- an Employee Benefit Budget (10 % of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving extra cash on a monthly basis.
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career.
- 100 % reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance.
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Good to know:
- Applications are open until 15th January 2020. Apply via the button “Apply now”. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
- Senior Recruiter Lois Hageman, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!