Angular7 Frontend Developer
Imagine… that you as a Frontend Developer really make an impact on the way our customers perceive the services we render at Rabobank. You make it possible to give our customers a 9+ experience. Which today highly depends on our online presence.
Our day-to-day business at Rabobank Online is reinventing the way customers interact with their bank. Around 2.5 million customers in the Netherlands use Rabobank’s mobile banking services and many more people visit our website. A large number of them rely on the Rabo Banking App on a daily basis. The app is a stepping stone towards creating a personalized environment that revolves around the customer on a multitude of devices. In addition to that, our website is the main source of information on all our products, services and research. In The Netherlands as well as for our international customers around the globe.
Your technical expertise will be seen as invaluable. We're looking for colleagues who don't hold back and will push for solutions, dare to challenge, are passionate about technology and have considerable experience in web development.
Our complete Front end Tech Stack includes
As a Frontend Developer, you can make a difference!
Rabobank Online is a breeding ground for innovation in multiple ways: apart from delivering great customer functionality we build, test and run it with the latest technology stack. We seek to continuously improve the way we work and by doing that becoming the most customer-oriented bank in the Netherlands. Are you our new hero?
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our DevOps teams bring talented people together to build, test and run the best solutions for our users. You can work on your task autonomously, but never lose the focus on the team goals. What makes our department so special is that we work in close collaboration with the end-users. So as a front end developer you co-create new and innovative solutions to enhance the user-friendliness of all our channels.
At Online, we thoroughly believe in strong teams! Within these teams, we constantly challenge each other to work on ways to improve our platform. We love pair programming, do occasional mob programming, and organize knowledge sharing sessions to keep everyone in the loop on the latest developments. We're all active within the Frontend Guild we've set up internally and many of us regularly visit conferences and meetups to either present ourselves or to get informed about the latest developments in our area of expertise.
Feel free to come by and experience to be part of one of our teams!
Communication, customer focus, critical thinking and problem solving are essential skills for the role of Frontend Developer. In addition, it's important that you recognize everything in the checklist below:
- 5+ year of experience in building web applications with common web technologies;
- Demonstrated ability to follow development best practices;
- Experience with modern web frameworks and/or libraries, especially Angular (7);
- Experience in writing unit tests and integration tests for web applications;
- Knowledge of architectural principles;
- Must be able to brainstorm and communicate ideas with your team as well as other stakeholders;
- Has a great sense on business value;
- Challenge and coach team members;
- Willingness to learn new technologies;
- Fluent English is a must.
What will you be working on?
- We have many challenges ahead, where you can make a difference. Last year we've started developing a brand new Frontend Platform (Senses 2.0). It consists of a core API written in TypeScript, application infrastructure based on Ionic 4, Angular and Redux, all inside a Monorepo that we manage using Lerna, Yarn Workspaces and Nx, where all platform and feature developers work together.
- In order to ensure the correct working of our applications, we've set up an extensive Continuous Integration multi-branch pipeline in Jenkins, running tslint, stylelint, unit-, integration-, performance- and smoke tests. Every successful build of every branch is pushed to our cloud environment for further inspection. Eventually, implementing Continuous Deployment, every merge to the master branch results in a new deployment.
- Next, to the development of our Frontend platform, you can also contribute to developing new features in our app and websites using our Frontend platform. For example payment request or features which give customers insight into their financial health. All these features have a strong Frontend focus, to ensure the best experience for our customers both in our hybrid mobile banking app as well as in the browser.
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 7.1 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- Yearly we invest heavily in the Dutch voluntary sector. We support 1250 organizations for sports and culture, which are a second home for many people.
- In a project with Humanitas, we help people with financial problems, struggling to organize their home finances.
- Together with Refugee Work Netherlands, we help 1.500 refugees to find a suitable job.
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary between € 3.150,- and € 6.000,-
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay.
- an Employee Benefit Budget (9 to 10 % of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout.
- 100 % reimbursement of the costs of home/work travel if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a home/work travel allowance.
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Frontend Developer and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy!
Good to know:
- If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact
- Marvin Ensing, IT Recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via firstname.lastname@example.org
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether the new staff is reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- The application process for this vacancy includes an individual assessment.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!