Job Overview & Purpose:
The Analyst forms part of the Support Hub, also made up of Associate Analysts and Senior Analysts, whom collectively provide valuable prudential and client relationship support to account managers (Rural and Branch Managers) to enable them to develop new business, manage existing client accounts and to enable our clients to reach their goals and aspirations.
An Analyst is responsible for providing financial analysis and credit submissions for moderately complex accounts and client engagement. An Analyst’s skills and experience will be drawn upon to coach other members of the Support Hub.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
* Actively support the Rural Manager(s) in responding quickly and efficiently to the requirements of new and existing clients.
* Promote a culture of recognising the value of collaboration by engaging in effective and valuable communication with Rural Managers in deal planning to meet client expectations.
* Actively engage in the preparation of all loan applications and developing skills towards undertaking submissions that will be reviewed at Credit Committee level.
* Proven ability to complete this work independently or with minimal assistance from the Rural Manager(s) or Support Hub Manager.
* Ability to critically analyse and interpret financial statements and identify relevant industry trends.
* Proven ability to recognise and evaluate credit risks and make recommendations regarding new to Bank or existing client's business proposals.
* Required to liaise with all relevant parties to ensure that documentation and settlements are processed promptly and accurately.
* Adopt and promote best practice within the region and when undertaking work as allocated by regional Support Hub Manager.
* Utilise appropriate workflow tools and processes to provide key stakeholders with clear oversight on workload and capacity.
* Prepare and submit Account Manager Reviews and Credit Reviews in line with Bank policy and procedure as directed by Support Hub Manager.
* Work collaboratively with the Manager Finance Officer Support and Support Hub Manager to foster an environment of continuous improvement within Country Banking.
* Develop and maintain strong internal relationships within the broader Rabobank network.
* Ensure compliance with the Bank's policies and procedures at all times including Audit, Credit, Compliance and Business Continuity.
* Undertake administrative work as required, including responding to telephone and branch enquiries and general liaison with clients, other service providers, branches and other stakeholders.
* Other duties are directed.
* Tertiary qualifications in agriculture, business, finance or related discipline.
* Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar role or within banking, finance or agriculture (as a guide).
* Experience working within a customer service environment.
* Strong knowledge of rural industry.
* High knowledge of financial and risk analysis
* Ability to understand and interpret moderately complex financial statements.
* Ability to conduct moderately complex financial analysis.
* Ability to write a moderately complex credit submission with limited support from peers.
* Possess a strong understanding of credit structures.
* Ability to identify risks and associated mitigates within credit submission.
* Strong communication at all levels both written and verbal.
* Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with key internal and external clients.
* Capacity to work towards timeframe and manage client expectations.
* Developed planning and organisational skills to manage competing priorities.
* Ability to work effectively with no supervision and within a team environment.
* Highly developed credit writing skills
* Customer Focus – Engaging the customer in dialogue. Detecting and listing customers’ wishes and needs. Responding and anticipating to this, putting customer interest first. Thinking and acting from the customer’s perspective. Staying focused on creating added value for the customer (customer value) and improving the service provision.
* Partnership – Contributing to a joint result based on the philosophy of reciprocal value creation. Seeking collaboration and supporting others. Showing commitment to the joint objective and acting accordingly. Sharing information and knowledge with others. Achieving and connecting synergies.
* Networking – Building, expanding and maintaining a network of internal and external contacts and relations. Creating the conditions for long-term customer relationships. Forming communities by bringing relevant stakeholders together.
* Communication – Delivers a strong and coordinated message. Ensures transparency.
* Problem Solving – Substantiating (strategic and operational) choices and actions based on sounds problem analysis. Collecting relevant information, analysing data and correlating. Drawing correct and realistic conclusions.
* Organising & Monitoring – Organising work systematically, effectively and efficiently. Exhibit cost-consciousness. Monitor progress of tasks, activities and processes, and take action where necessary.
Quantitative Information: N/A
Policy and Decision-Making Freedom:
* Anticipate and act on customer needs quickly and effectively.
* Build connections across branches, functions and regions
* Foster open dialogue and encourage a free flow of information.
* Create an environment of accountability.
* Work to achieve agreed goals and objectives.
* Engage and inspire other members in the team.
* Act as a role model.
* Country Banking Executive
* Country Banking Branch Staff – Support Staff, Account Managers including Major Agribusiness Clients
* Country Banking & Major Agribusiness Clients Credit
* Credit Approvals – Credit Risk Australia
* Country Banking Legal
* Settlement Managers – Credit Risk Australia
* Operational Risk & Compliance
* Human Resources
* Finance & Control
* Process Improvement Team
* Clients (current & prospective)
* Agribusiness Professionals
* Industry Contacts
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
* Credit Submissions for the Region completed in a timely manner.
* Minimising the number of credit & operational reworks throughout the Region.
* Implementation of process improvements to improve cycle times.
* Minimise the number of overdue reviews with the Region.