Analyst - Wholesale Banking Analyst
Rabobank Wholesale Banking North America is part of Rabobank, a global financial services leader providing wholesale, rural and retail banking services in more than 40 countries worldwide. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. Rabobank today is one of the world’s largest banks with over $650 billion in assets. In North America, Rabobank is a premier financial institution providing services across the food and agriculture value chain.
The Analyst will be expected to provide a broad range of analytical and transaction support to professionals in the Corporate Clients Chicago team.
Corporate Clients is comprised of the following groups:
• F&A Coverage and Loan Products Group are responsible for client coverage and cross selling the full range of products offered by Rabobank in North America.
• Food & Agribusiness Research works with local teams of analysts throughout the global Rabobank network that continuously gather and share knowledge in the major F&A sectors worldwide, on companies, issues and trends.
• The M&A team dedicated to the Food & Agribusiness sector with extensive experience and a proven track record of servicing clients worldwide.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Provide a broad range of analytical and transaction support to the client coverage bankers in the group. Perform a variety of tasks including preparation of marketing materials, modelling and credit analysis of client transactions, management of internal legal and compliance requirements, management reporting, etc.
Participate in a 6 to 8 week training program. The program provides an overview of banking and Rabobank and basic credit, corporate finance and capital markets training.
The Analyst will spend 1-3 years in the local office and then either go to New York to work in one of our product areas or stay out in the field offices and become a true relationship banker with specific sector expertise and client coverage responsibility or a credit analyst.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Support to Relationship Management Team: Develop a knowledgeable understanding of the client portfolio and industries covered and to help manage those relationships alongside the RM. Providing support to the RM in any capacity so that they can focus on adding value to the client relationship. This requires proactively engaging with the RMs in relationship management, including accompanying the RMs to client meetings, and gaining detailed understanding and maintenance of the CRM system (Client Link) and the KYC process/requirements.
- Support Credit Team: Operate in a capacity that not only allows the Credit Analyst to confidently assign projects to the analyst, but also develop a reputation of accurately and efficiently completing those projects. This requires receiving necessary training (e.g. CRM courses) and gaining detailed understanding of the credit systems (e.g. LEA)
- Product Liaison: Act as intermediary between the RM's and Product Groups by learning and employing the basic techniques necessary to offer support on that specific product (e.g. capital Structure analysis, ABF products and solutions, etc.). This requires gaining a detailed understanding of products which may entail a rotation with product groups in NY.
- One or more years’ experience as a Banking Analyst is required
- Bachelors’ Degree or higher with a major in Finance or related studies.
- Customer Focus
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement
Rabo provides equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, military service or veteran status, victims of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Rabo also prohibits harassment of any individuals on any of the bases listed above.
Consistent with this policy, Rabo embraces diversity and welcomes employees and applicants of all backgrounds. Our goal is to create an environment that is inclusive, drawing upon the strengths of the diversity of our workforce to exceed the expectations of our clients and customers.