Talent Acquisition Manager
Job Overview & Purpose:
To develop and implement recruitment strategies and apply a best practice recruitment process. To build talent pools. The Talent Acquisition Manager will work closely with Hiring Manager to ensure recruitment priorities are met.
Context of Job:
Rabobank Australia & New Zealand Group (RANZG) employs approximately 1250 (900 employees in Australia and 350 employees in New Zealand). The majority of the HR, Corporate Affairs team is centralised in Sydney, with additional support in New Zealand.
The HR team is responsible for providing subject matter expertise on People/HR matters across all divisions and business units of RANZG, working closely with the Executive and senior managers to drive the people agenda throughout the organisation in line with the agreed people strategy.
The HR team is also responsible for the development, maintenance and operation of people policies and the People framework in line with Group requirements.
The Talent Acquisition Manager supports the Head of HR NZ and works closely with the regional and local People team to ensure the necessary framework to support people activities and programmes are implemented in a consistent manner across RANZ, meeting all local legislative and Group Policy requirements.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• Follow RANZ recruitment policies and processes.
• Identify and execute opportunities to build talent pipelines.
• Run the end-to-end recruitment process, ensuring a positive experience for Hiring Managers and candidates and a successful recruitment outcome.
• Provide interview support to Hiring Managers when necessary.
• Partner with Hiring Managers and HR Business Manager to understand business needs, job requirements and candidates sought.
• Participate in role briefing with the Hiring Manager and contribute to sourcing strategy and process.
• Ensure all open vacancies have an effective sourcing plan, using a variety of appropriate sourcing channels.
• Conduct database mining and talent pooling.
• Lead the screening processes (pre-screening question selection, candidate screening and short listing) for relevant vacancies.
• Utilise pre-screening questions to clearly and quickly identify the most appropriate candidates.
• Effective use of candidate screening techniques to generate high quality long lists and shortlists.
• Evaluating and selecting internal and external talent to ensure the best match between the individual and the work requirements.
• Talent mapping and search for roles as required.
Recruitment Process Efficiency
• Implement recruitment strategies to ensure timely and professional applicant management.
• Work with Hiring Managers to ensure a robust process and hiring accuracy.
• Use, and monitor the use of, best practice recruitment process.
• Ensure all advertising and communications meet Rabobanks’ standards and are consistent with the
• Ensure all checks relative to internal resourcing have been made prior to external advertising.
• Advise managers on the application of terms and conditions of employment relationships.
• Use a wide variety of relevant and current techniques in the selection process.
• Train and coach staff on best practice recruitment techniques. Employer Brand and Value Proposition
• Develop an Employer brand with key stakeholders including wider HR team, business leaders and Marketing and communications team.
• Develop an employee value proposition with key stakeholders including HR team, business leaders and Marketing and communications team.
• Develop different channels to reach ideal candidates, including search and social media, LinkedIn, Facebook etc.
• Integrate social media and create content for social media channels that is consistent with Rabobank Employer brand and EVP.
• Develop search capability within resourcing team and tools to support such as LinkedIn.
• Identify and develop passive recruitment channels and coach and build capability with business leaders.
• Work with marketing and communications team to develop and manage digital content for talent acquisition channels such as LinkedIn, seek, Facebook, Twitter.
Metrics and Quality Management
• To identify internal trends within talent acquisition services, identifying and leading appropriate change initiatives.
• To drive continuous improvement and service development through keeping abreast of developments in external HR field, and exploiting business opportunities.
• Implement frameworks and processes to monitor and report on KPIS (cost to hire, time to fill, offer acceptance ration, number of hits LinkedIn, Facebook), services accessed, service performance and client satisfaction levels.
• Provide professional business leadership and management of business support with a focus on quality, continuous improvement, responsiveness and flexibility.
• Tertiary level HR qualification or equivalent preferred.
• Specialist recruitment and selection skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively, effectively and competently with people at all levels in the organisation; is a great team member.
• Good interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to optimise and prioritise conflicting demands in a busy environment, to achieve deadlines and see responsibilities through to completion.
• Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Computer literate; proficient in Windows 2000 or later, MS Word/ Excel, Teams and other Microsoft Office applications.
• Customer Focus – Engaging the customer in dialogue. Detecting and listing customers’ wishes and needs. Responding and anticipating, putting customers first. Thinking and acting from the customer’s perspective. Staying focused on creating added value for the customer (customer value) and improving the service provision.
• Partnership – Contributing to a joint result based on the philosophy of reciprocal value creation. Seeking collaboration and supporting others. Showing commitment to the joint objective and acting accordingly. Sharing information and knowledge with others. Achieving and connecting synergies.
• Deliver Results – Working actively and in a disciplined way towards achieving the agreed results and set goals. Working according to the principles of 'right first time' and 'good is good enough'. Seeking challenges and identifying and creating opportunities to improve results.
• Organising & Monitoring – Organising the work systematically, effectively and efficiently. Exhibit cost-consciousness. Monitor progress of tasks, activities and processes, and take action where necessary.
• Problem-Solving – Substantiating (strategic and operational) choices and actions based on sound problem analysis. Collecting relevant information, analysing data and correlating. Drawing correct and realistic conclusions.
• Resilience – Continuing to perform effectively under pressure and in the face of setbacks. Exhibiting resilience in the face of resistance and disappointment.
Values & Agreed Standards:
• We are always client-focused and decisive.
• We work with courage and conviction.
• We are professional and considerate.
• We bring out the best in each other and are committed to keep learning.
• I go the extra mile for my clients.
• I dare to make a difference for the world I live in.
• I’m doing the right thing exceptionally well.
• I support you to make you better.