Senior Risk Officer
Senior Risk Officer Wholesale & Rural
You will have an independent pro-active risk management role within the second line of responsibility to facilitate, monitor, challenge and support the business in realising its strategic ambition
You and your job
The primary role of the Senior Risk Officer Wholesale &Rural (ROWR) is to engage with the business at a transaction level providing initial risk input and ultimately deciding upon within delegated approval authorities / providing risk advice to approving authorities on submissions. At a portfolio level the RO provides reviews, reports on and challenges the business on portfolio trends, risk culture, concentration risks, sectors and market developments and ensures that Red Flags are identified and acted upon. The ROWR challenges the first line of defence and engages with Second / Third line colleagues to achieve and maintain a high quality portfolio, ensuring that all risks (financial & non-financial) are properly identified and addressed and that trends are recognized and acted upon.
In this specific position, you will have a focus on the Energy Transition and Circularity (ET&C) sector in Europe covering both Corporate Lending and Project Finance.
- Quality and timeliness of decision making
- Timely action on adverse (portfolio) developments
- Build out on the risk framework and appetite for the Energy Transition &Circularity sector
Facts & Figures
- 36/40 hours per week
- Client segment: turnover >EUR250mln
- Rabobank group: 9.5million customers around the world
Top 3 responsibilities
- Engaging with the business from origination through approval and deciding indepently on the acceptability of the risk, in terms of credit, structure and commercial risks.
- Contributing to second line portfolio risk management via active engagement with the business and relevant Second line (a.o. Legal, Tax, Sustainanability and Compliance) and Third line departments, and contributing to management reporting.
- Active participation in projects requiring risk expertise (for example, model development, new product initiatives or regulatory compliance themes).
Together we achieve more than alone
We believe in the power of difference. Bringing together people's differences is what makes us an even better bank. So we are very curious about what you can bring to our team at Risk Officers Wholesale &Rural.
“The energy transition represents a massive amount of investments to decarbonise our economy and society. It also represents the biggest and most important growth opportunity of Rabobank. Our new Banking4Energy strategy aims to grow our energy franchise in Europe significantly with a key role for corporate lending”.
Bas Bakker, Sector Head of the Energy Transport & Circularity team
The 16 people in the European & Netherlands Risk Officer Community operate within a risk framework and culture where the business takes the first line responsibility. Working together is the way we work; as 1 decisive team at Rabobank. Talking of Rabobank: We are a Dutch bank that operates in 38 countries for over 9,5000,000 customers. Together with these customers, our members and partners we stand side by side to create a world in which everyone has access to enough healthy food. In the Netherlands we work to create a country in which people are happy with how they live, work and do business.
You and your talent
- Bachelors or Masters degree in financial or target industry
- At least 8 years of experience in credit risk management in either the first or second line
- Substantial experience in Risk Management, Risk analysis/ Portfolio Management concepts.
- Good command of the English language
- Experience in Energy Transition & Circularity will be a significant plus
This is what we offer you
- up to € 8,650 gross per month (scale 10/11)
- additionally: holiday allowance (8%), 13th month and an additional budget of 11% to spend in several ways (including as extra salary or holiday hours)
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is will be 5.5%
This is selection of the terms of employment for a Senior Risk Officer based on a -hour working week. This vacancy is for 36 to 40 hours per week. You can find all our terms of employment on rabobank.jobs/en/conditions-of-employment.
You and the job application process
Reply to the vacancy for Senior Risk Officer Wholesale & Rural at Rabobank before [December 15, 2022].
- Responses will be handled in accordance with vacancy management.
- Any questions about the job content? Contact: Marion Segeren, Global Risk Officer WR via +31 6 10200464.
- Any questions about working at Rabobank and the process? Contact Joris Opdam, Corporate Recruiter via email@example.com or via +31 6 25240903.
- We will hold the interviews through a video call.
- You can find answers to the most frequently asked questions on rabobank.jobs/en/faq.
- A security check is part of the process.
- We respect your privacy.