Mid-level Credit Risk Modeller
Imagine getting the best out of yourself each working day by making the broadest possible use of your knowledge and skills as a Mid-level Credit Risk Modeller. In an inspiring and international environment, you develop trendsetting credit risk models with a direct impact on the bank and the lives of millions of people. These may include people looking for a mortgage, or major international companies with complex business structures. Thanks to the models you develop, they can realise their ambitions and we can maintain a healthy credit portfolio and a good capital buffer. You can make a difference by working with stakeholders and colleagues from various departments at home and abroad. The models you develop must be logical to them as well as usable. As such, you approach each task from various perspectives and involve a range of disciplines in your work. This makes your work extremely interesting and varied.
Making a difference
- Developing, maintaining and improving credit risk models for various purposes, including determining the capital buffer, credit approval and developing warning systems.
- Collecting, processing and analysing data.
- Writing code in modern programming languages and software applications, such as Python, GIT and SQL.
- Responding to current and future regulations and market developments by collaborating with experts and stakeholders.
- Actively contributing to improving the working processes in the team. You share your knowledge and inspire your colleagues.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our Group Credit Models - Portfolio team brings talented people together to develop A-IRB models (Advanced Internal Ratings Based) and other risk models for a wide range of portfolios. These include mortgages and consumer financing, SMEs, corporate banking, securitisations, property, agriculture and project financing. Each portfolio has its own team. Our preference and your own will decide which team you join. We'll find the best match together. One thing is certain: you'll work side by side with talented colleagues and experts from all over the world in an internationally-oriented setting. With you as a Mid-level Credit Risk Modeller, the team will consist of some 140 colleagues, including:
Ellis, Credit Risk Modeller: “From the very first moment I joined Mortgages and Consumer Financing as a Credit Risk Modeller, I was able to work on challenging and meaningful projects. My Team Manager immediately entrusted me with a great deal and inspired me a lot. Combined with the warmth, satisfaction and drive of my colleagues, this made me feel I was a valued member of the team from my very first day at work!”
Customer focus, razor-sharp analytical skills, good communication skills and a flexible, result-oriented attitude are clearly essential for the role of Mid-level Credit Risk Modeller. You adapt your communication style to your audience. This makes you a pleasant conversation partner at various levels. You also have a constructively critical eye, which helps you make processes and models better and smarter. In addition, it's important that you recognise yourself in the checklist below:
- a master's or PhD in econometrics, mathematics, physics or a comparable field;
- solid knowledge of statistical or econometric techniques;
- preferably three to four years' work experience as a (Credit Risk) Modeller at a financial institution;
- experience with programming in Python and/or SQL. If you also have experience with other programming languages or GIT, this is to your advantage;
- excellent communication skills in English. Interpreting, probing, explaining and presenting: you can do it all.
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our ‘Growing a better world together’ mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
- “Working on a new generation of risk models that don't just comply with the requirements of regulatory bodies, but also allow us to expand our reach and help more people, communities and societies to grow and develop.”
- “We prepare a sustainability analysis for every large corporate client, and talk to them about how they can become more sustainable.”
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and take the initiative. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
- a gross monthly salary between €3714,03 and €5304,57;
- a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
- a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
- an Employee Benefit Budget (11% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout;
- flexible working times and location-independent working (within the Netherlands). You work partly on location in Utrecht and partly from home, depending on the corona regulations;
- a home working allowance and/or reimbursement of commuting costs;
- a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 3.5%.
Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Mid-level Credit Risk Modeller and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Good to know:
- Apply via the button "Apply now".
- Theo Degen, recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure
- The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
- The application process for this vacancy includes an individual assessment.
- Your privacy is important to us. If you would like to find out more about this, please click on this link.
- Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!