Medior Pricing modeller
Imagine being able to help both our customers and colleagues directly by developing innovative pricing models. You can make a difference as a Pricing Modeller by connecting the various pricing models within Rabobank to one another as well as supporting the business in making their decisions.
Imagine you are the one to analyse the data and to propose the optimal solution for our clients. If you like to solve complex puzzles in a pragmatic way and add value to our clients than this is the perfect job for you.
Making a difference
As a Medior Pricing Modeller, you develop the models that give Rabobank the leading edge in banking in the Netherlands and abroad:
• You are a specialist in advanced data analytics and will fulfil a leading role in developing pricing models for different client segments;
• You will operate within an interesting web of data sources and advise and execute analyses that lead to new insights;
• You will present your insights and products to various stakeholders within the bank, from executive management to business to your modelling colleagues;
• You will actively participate in knowledge sharing, meetups, code reviews and deep dives to develop the ambitious team that you are part of;
• You will work in small multi-disciplinary teams which consist of roles such as business consultants and modelling experts.
An example of our previous projects that made a difference: is the development and implementation for a better pricing model for our international Rural business. The result: is a model that supports the front-office to make correct decisions based on the risk and return of a specific client. This helps Rabo in being clear and fair to its clients and being able to reach its targets.
With each other
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. Our Pricing & Acceptance team brings talented people together to develop the best possible pricing strategies for Rabobank. With you as a Pricing Modeller, the team will consist of 10 diverse colleagues in a variety of roles, including:
Senior Teammember: “What is really interesting about RAROC and Pricing is that it combines concepts from Capital, IFRS9 with the income and costs of financing into one metric and it therefore gives a very nice insight in banking.”
Young Professional: “What I really like from this team is that everyone in the team is really approachable and helpful. In the work content, it is really nice that the projects have short cycles, so you get a chance to live it from project start to end!”
Complex problem solving, excellent communication skills and strong analytical skills are clearly essential for the role of Pricing Modeller. As a medior member of the team Pricing &Acceptance, you take responsibility, facilitate the team and you actively seek for in- and external collaboration. In addition, it's important that you recognise everything in the checklist below:
• MSc or PhD degree in quantitative domain or related topic (e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Quant Finance);
• Minimum of 3 years experience in analytics, risk modelling or similar role,;
• An inquisitive mind-set eager to solve complex problems;
• Demonstrable programming experience in Python or another programming language such as Java/C/C++/R/SQL;
• Strong social skills and the capability to translate data intelligence into valuable insights is an essential requirement;
• Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing;
Growing a better world together
You'll already be aware that Rabobank is a financial services provider for more than 8.5 million customers in 40 countries. But did you know that we aim to contribute to real change with our 'Growing a better world together' mission? We do so in countless ways, such as:
• We make sizeable annual investments in the voluntary sector in the Netherlands. This allows us to support about 1,250 sport and cultural organizations that are a second home to many people.
• Together with Rabobank Partnerships, we encourage our employees to support banks in Africa, Asia and South America by sharing knowledge on their expertise.
• With the Rabobank Foundation, we support social enterprises. This gives people experiencing barriers entering the labor market the opportunities they deserve, and helps them to participate fully in our society
Do you want to become the ideal version of yourself? We would love to help you achieve this by focusing firmly on your growth, development, and investing in an environment where you keep learning every day. We give you the space to innovate and initiate. In this way, we offer you numerous opportunities to grow and help you exceed your expectations, to do the right thing exceptionally well, and to therefore grow as a professional. In addition, with us (on the basis of a 36-hour working week), you can also expect:
• a gross monthly salary between € 3.700,- and € 5.300,-;
• a thirteenth month and holiday pay;
• an Employee Benefit Budget (10% of your monthly salary). You decide how to spend this budget. This may include purchasing extra leave days, making extra pension contributions or even receiving a monthly cash payout;
• a personal budget that you can spend on activities related to your personal development and career;
• flexible working times and location-independent working;
• 100% reimbursement of commuting costs if you travel by public transport! Do you still prefer to travel by car or motorbike? Then choose a commuting allowance;
• a pension scheme, to which your contribution is only 3,5%.
Are you the person we're looking for? Are you ready to join Rabobank as a Pricing Modeller and to make a difference to yourself, our customers and to society? We look forward to receiving your application for this vacancy in Utrecht.
Please be aware that due to Covid-19 restrictions, all interviews will be held through an online appointment.
Good to know:
• Applications are open until March 10th. Apply via the “Apply now” button. Responses will be handled in accordance with our vacancy management policy.
• If you have any questions about the specific details of this position, please contact Mieke van Riel, Teamlead Pricing & Acceptance, via Mieke.van.Riel@rabobank.nl
• Laura Dijkerman, recruiter, would be happy to answer any questions about the application procedure via 06-13445892 or email@example.com.
• The application process includes screening. Based on the screening procedures in place at Rabobank, we assess whether new staff are reliable enough to work at Rabobank.
• The application process for this vacancy includes an individual assessment.
• Your privacy is important to us. Do you want to know more, click on this link.
.• Everyone is different, and it is exactly those differences that help us become an even better bank. That's why we want to know who you really are!