Analyst, Trade Commodity Finance (Ag, Energy, Metals)
Rabobank Wholesale Banking North America is part of Rabobank, a global financial services leader providing wholesale, rural and retail banking services in more than 40 countries worldwide. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. Rabobank today is one of the world’s largest banks with over $650 billion in assets. In North America, Rabobank is a premier financial institution providing services across the food and agriculture value chain. RDS’s support functions champion over 1,300 employees throughout Rabo AgriFinance and Rabobank North America Wholesale, companion Rabobank subsidiaries.
The Senior Credit Analyst is part of our Trade and Commodity Finance (TCF) group and is jointly responsible, with the Relationship Managers, for the preparation credit applications, structuring, client business and financial analysis, industry research, financial modelling and ongoing maintenance of new and existing clients within his/her portfolio. The analyst must also follow market and price trends to pro-actively manage client risk during periods of high Commodity price volatility.
Context of Job:
Analyst will be assigned in excess of 15 clients active in the Energy and Metal sectors. The analyst will be required to complete annual or interim credit reviews in accordance with the bank's policies.
- The analyst works in close cooperation with the Relationship Managers in New York, the TCF credit team members, Senior Credit Officers (SCO) and other offices as may be required .
- The credit facilities range from unsecured to secured either under Borrowing base arrangements or trasnsactional. As some of the transactions may be with counterparties that are below investment grade, the structure of the facilities is very important and understanding the composition of the collateral and supporting business flows critical.
- Transactions are committed or uncommitted and bilateral or syndicated.
- The analyst will ensure that the relevant credit and business/industry risks are identified
- The analyst needs to become familiar with the Rabobank Risk Rating, LEA/LGD and RAROC models
To monitor the credit quality of a portfolio of 15+ clients. These clients may be traders, processors and merchandisers of various commodities operating within the framework of the TCF business.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Analyze credit risk, structure credit products, financial modelling/ Economic Capital assessments via internal models for prospects/new transactions. Cash flow analysis and projections proficiency a plus.
- Manage ongoing credit needs of existing relationships.
- Respond to SCO or credit committee questions related to credit applications.
- Research and evaluate specific target industries.
- Assist with training of junior staff
- Initiate timely reviews
- Monthly/ quarterly assessment of received information & covenant checks.
- Monitoring assigned portfolio of clients; in depth client knowledge is essential for adequately identifying early warning signals with the aim of minimizing loan losses.
- Initiate where necessary extra measures in order to safeguard the credit portfolio.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree
- Formal credit training at a major bank
- Experience in writing credit proposals and industry reports.
- Experience with Trade and Commodity financing a plus
Essential Job Skills and Knowledge:
- High degree of credit knowledge and experience
- Analyst must achieve strong credibility internally with SCO, SCA and RMs
- Reliably organizes work, works effectively and efficiently, prioritizes work and anticipates business needs
- Proactive and politely assertive when dealing with credit risk issues.
- Can multi task; handle multiple credits/projects simultaneously
- Needs to be familiar with: borrowing base facilities, UCC, trade finance, letters of credit, uncommitted/committed facilities
- Willingness/Ability to travel
With healthcare and insurance costs on the rise, employees enjoy a first-class benefits package, featuring a selection of medical coverage and investment options to meet your personal needs. Our benefits program includes:
- Health care spending account
- Dependent care spending account
- Basic life insurance plus AD&D insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- 401(k) program
- Health and wellness seminars
- Tuition reimbursement
Rabo provides equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, military service or veteran status, victims of domestic violence, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Rabo also prohibits harassment of any individuals on any of the bases listed above.
Consistent with this policy, Rabo embraces diversity and welcomes employees and applicants of all backgrounds. Our goal is to create an environment that is inclusive, drawing upon the strengths of the diversity of our workforce to exceed the expectations of our clients and customers.